The USA TODAY NETWORK is dedicated to making its desktop website, mobile site, and mobile applications available for all audiences. While we continue to establish and improve our ease of access functions, we motivate you to check out the availability alternatives set up on your gadget. Below is a summary for making it possible for a few of the ease of access alternatives on your desktop gadget.
Enabling Accessibility Features (Microsoft Windows 10)
Screen Reader Support
- Feature: Narrator checks out text on the computer system screen aloud.
- Steps: Click Start, Control Panel, Ease of Access, Ease of Access Center, Start Narrator
- Feature: Magnifier enables the user to focus and browse a page with greater exposure.
- Steps: Click Start, Control Panel, Ease of Access, Optimize Visual Display, Click the checkbox beside “Turn on Magnifier”
Color Contrast Support
- Feature: Windows enables you to alter the contrast to what works best for you.
- Steps: Click Start, Control Panel, Appearance and Personalization, Personalization, scroll down to Contrast Theme alternatives and select the very best alternative for your requirements
- Feature: Speech Recognition permits you to manage your PC utilizing your voice instead of a keyboard or mouse.
- Steps: Make sure microphone is plugged in, click Start, Windows Speech Recognition (very first time users finish the wizard and tutorial)
Enabling Accessibility Features (OS X El Capitan, variation 10.11)
Screen Reader Support
- Feature: Voiceover checks out text to you and can be utilized to manage the computer system utilizing just the keyboard
- Feature: Zoom enables the user to focus and browse a page with greater presence.
- Steps: Click System Preferences on the dock, Accessibility, Zoom, then pick either of the following alternatives:
1) To zoom with keyboard faster ways, choose “Use keyboard faster ways to zoom.”
2) To zoom with your mouse or trackpad, choose “Use scroll gesture with modifier secrets to zoom.”
- Feature: Under the Display alternatives, you can change the pigmentation and/or increase the size of cursor size to enhance presence.
- Steps: Click System Preferences on the dock, Accessibility, Display, then inspect “Invert Colors” for a black background with white font style, “Use Greyscale” for a grey screen, and/or “Enhance Cursor Size” to increase the size of the cursor
- Feature: Dictation and Speech checks out text on the computer system screen aloud.
- Steps: Click System Preferences on the dock, Accessibility, Dictation and Speech, Text to Speech, choose checkbox for “Speak picked text when the secret is pushed,” pick the key/key mix you choose (when text is highlighted and these secrets are pushed the text will read aloud)
Contact United States
With concerns or feedback on ease of access functions on our mobile applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.