We do not generally consider grilled stone fruit when we think about salad. When in season, especially here in Australia, our peaches and apricots are a few of the very best on the planet. They ‘d be incredible in a salad by themselves, however when placed on high heat, their sugars caramelise and raise the flavour a lot more.
This is a remarkable salad served with terrific Australian lamb, and best for Australia Day.
THIS RECIPE WAS CREATED AS PART OF A PARTNERSHIP WITH BEEFEATER BBQ, prepared on the BeefEater Bigg Bugg.
GRILLED STONE FRUIT SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 8 lamb cutlets
- Lamb rub, such as Moonshine BBQ Lamb Rub
- 1 lamb backstrap
- 3 x white or yellow peaches
- 3 x apricots
- 2 cups infant spinach, combined leaf or rocket
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 100 g soft goats cheese
- Prepare your grill to high heat
- Halve the fruit and eliminate the stone. Do this by running a sharp knife around the centre and twisting, then carefully cutting around the stone to eliminate it
- Drizzle and brush the cut side of the fruit with olive oil
- Place on the grill cut side down and prepare for 4 minutes. If you wish to choose grill marks on the fruit (simply discussion), then turn 90 degrees for a more minute
- Remove and reserve to cool
- Season the cutlets and backstrap with the rub and grill for 3 minutes each side. Rest
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt & pepper together and toss through the leaves, include the stonefruit and toss together. Collapse goats cheese.
- Slice backstrap and serve with wedges of lemon.